28 July 2017

Current projects for Lady Gigglemug

I have been working on a few items, for Lady Gigglemug, which is my friends and my Etsy shop. Right now we're having a vacation from the shop, but I felt like making something for the shop. My plan is to also make some more Autumn-inspired stuff, since I can't wait for Autumn and since it would be nice to sell in the coming months. 

The first thing I've been working on is actually on hold for a friend on Instagram, since she saw it in Lady Gigglemug's insta-story. So it won't come up on the shop, but it was meant to be on the shop... so I'm gonna show them anyway.
They're a pair of antique bloomers that I have upcycled. On the butt of these bloomers there's this big pocket with a doily and a vintage button I have from my small button-collection. I have on each leg added some more fabric that matches the pocket. On the front there's some lovely half, doilys and a patch with a print of a spoon. I draw the spoon myself and printed it on some light pink fabric, back when I was going on a design-school. I really love the look of it.


The spoon is actually a drawing I made of one of my own antique spoons. I have a small spoon-collection, hehe. 


Then I once promised to make some jabots for Lady Gigglemug, but never got started. Woops, but I think jabots are beautiful and great accessories in the Autumn/Winter time. I am deffinitely going to make more.
This one is with layers in different colours and textures. I really like this one and it's colours so much!! It reminds me of the countryside somehow, hehe. The spoon is antique by the way. Some of the fabric/lace is old or thrifted and there's a doily added here aswell. 


The last thing I've made was going to be a jabot, but it got too high on the collar. But I really loved the colours I used and the different textures. There's some velvet, a beautiful, golden flower-ribbon, two kinds of lace, a lace bow with a red pearl and it's all sewn on to a piece of felt. I think it's so cute, hehe. 



Now for something else than projects for Lady Gigglemug. My boyfriend and I went to the city to look at engagement rings and I think I found the right one! But I will have to take a look around on the internet and in some of the other antique shops in Odense. Anyway, afterwards we went to a art supply shop and the lady in there thinks I'm so beautiful, haha. She said it was like I had walked out of a scrapbook. 
I was wearing the clothes on the pictures beneath. I also made some art to put in a small frame. I used aquarelle colours, a pencil and a black pen.


'Little Lady Foxglove'

Now I feel very proud that I have been making some things for the shop and for myself. Especially because I am in a very bad mood currently. I feel so stressed and sad. I listen to a lot of music, to kinda get away from things. And now I have been listening to Loreena McKennitt for hours!! But I find her music so relaxing and beautiful.




Besides music I have also been watching a lot of movies. I actually watched 'Dracula' from 1992 for the first time in my life... which is ind of embarrasing since I really am a vampire-fan. I liked it a lot and even though it was a bit serious, I still laughed a few times.
Then I saw 'The vvitch'. I read a lot of different opinions on this one. But I really liked it! I love the look and atmosphere the movie has. 




What do you like to do when feeling down?
I hope you all are feeling better than I am and if you want to, please recommend some movies to watch.

2 comments:

  1. I love the scrapbook description of you! Your crafts are unique and lovely! I hug my dog, watch ridiculous cooking competitions and restaurant renovation shows, if I can find any new ones. I also love listening to music.

    You want films? You've opened Pandora 's box there! Here's a big list!

    What We Do in the Shadows
    Being John Malkovich
    New Ghost Busters
    Anything by Guillermo del Toro
    Coralline
    Mirrormask
    The Brothers Grimm
    A Winters Tale
    The Golden Compass
    Dark City
    Stardust
    Penelope
    Merlin miniseries 1998
    Spiderwick
    James and the Giant Peach
    Paranorman
    Fairytale: A True Story
    Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Gypsy 86
    Hogfather
    Going Postal
    Great Expectations 2002
    Toys
    The Secret of Moonacre
    Magical Legend of the Leprechauns
    Strange Magic
    Ferngully the last Rainforest
    Matilda
    Halloweentown
    Skellig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And sounds like some lovely activities..<3 Music helps me a lot too.
      Thank you so much for the movie suggestions. There's a lot I don't know.

      Delete